Envigorate Consulting and TerraFormDesign were engaged to develop a strategic plan on behalf of Butchulla Aboriginal Corporation. Butchulla (Badtjala) People are the Traditional Owners of K’gari (Fraser Island) in South East Queensland, Australia. K’gari is a globally significant biocultural land and seascape and means ‘paradise’ in Butchulla language.
Butchulla Aboriginal Corporation (BAC) became the Registered Native Title Body Corporate (RNTBC) for K’gari in November 2014.
The Butchulla Aboriginal Corporation (BAC) Strategic Business Plan 2020-2030 will help empower Butchulla People to play a stronger role in managing K’gari, protecting and promoting Butchulla culture, and generating sustainable livelihoods going forward.
It does so by:
- Establishing clear direction and priorities to help guide BAC towards achieving its goals;
- Clarifying the purpose of BAC – as a basis for making progress and strong decisions;
- Creating enduring outcomes – laying solid foundations and focusing limited resources where they will have greatest long-term impact;
- Building capacity, leadership and partnerships that can help BAC to achieve its goals on behalf of members; and
- Helping to attract resources and assistance from partners to deliver on priorities in the plan.